Tuesday, July 19, 2011

At the big top

We got 5 free tickets to the circus at our electric company, so we were planning on going.  We wanted to go to the 5:00 show, so we started grilling burgers, pork chops, and hot dogs at 4:05.  My little brother (the one who likes chickens) was the one who wanted hot dogs, it's one of the few things he knows how to cook.  His favorite thing to cook is fresh eggs. 

My older sister dropped some of the meat, but luckily we still had enough.  We all ate hurriedly, except for the twins, even if you told them they wouldn't get ice cream if they didn't finish in five minutes, they would still go two bites every minute.  And they take very small bites.   It's very annoying when you are trying to get out the door as fast as possible.

We finally made it out the door, into the car, and got on the road.  We got to our seats with two minutes to spare, but the show didn't start for about ten minutes.  It was a really good show.  The twins liked the dogs and the lady on the swing the best.  They probably could have caught a few flies in their mouths during her performance.  My brothers liked the juggling act and the Russian swing the best.  I don't really have a favorite.  One of my sisters wants to get birds now because a little girl in the act had trained birds. 

When we got home I popped in a movie for the twins, and as I was getting the volume adjusted my little brother swung his bubble gum out of his mouth and into my eye.  And I'm pretty sure that was no accident. 

Stay tuned for tomorrow's exciting rendition of The boy who couldn't stay focused.  I think that's an everyday program though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment